So, a few other bloggers have been 'tagging' people to share 11 interesting things about themselves and I've joined in on the fun. I'm not sure how interesting these things will be, so feel free to go browse Pinterest if you get bored but here they are, in random order. :)
1. I am in love with doing laundry. Seriously. Really, I am in love with hanging my laundry on the clothesline to dry. There is just something so idyllic about seeing it hanging there, swinging in the breeze. It makes me happy every time I look out the window and see it there, in the back yard.
2. When I was in high school I was completely obsessed with hockey. To the point that I would spend 6 hours every Saturday watching 'Hockey Night In Canada' (even though I lived in the States) and had a note book with lists full of every team in the NHL, each player, the position they played, their jersey number and sometimes...their birthday. That's slightly creepy, now that I think about it. ;)
I would yell at the TV about calls made, knew the game inside and out and my dream for my 16th birthday was to travel to Detroit, watch the Red Wings play; then go across the Ambassador bridge and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. I didn't get to do that, instead we took a day trip to Seattle for my birthday but I would still love to make that trip. It would be so much fun!
3. When writing, I use commas too often and have to go back and delete several each time I do a blog post. It drives me crazy!
4. I screech every time I see a cockroach, and it immediately grows (in my mind) to be about 3 feet long and huge and I imagine it scuttling up my leg, which makes it very difficult to get up the courage to kill it. However, I always do. Those things can not be scampering about my house! The kids also recognize "the screech" and come running to see the "oach"'. (Ellie's word for it)
5. I had my first baby (Ethan) in the hospital, had an epidural, gave up breastfeeding 2 days after he was born and fed him formula after that.
I had my second baby (Eliana) at home completely naturally, exclusively breastfed (she never drank out of a bottle) and I hate it when mommas judge each other over whether they have gone all natural or not.
I've done it both ways and can see benefits of both, and drawbacks of both. Do what works best for your family. (Although if I had to do it again, I'd totally do natural all over again. But that's me. Although I've never done cloth diapers.)
6. I want to learn to crochet, make my own herbal tinctures and body care products like shampoo and lotion.
7. Sometimes I can be too serious. Thankfully, I have a husband with a wonderful, quirky sense of humor that brings out the funner side of me and kiddos that are always doing funny things to keep me laughing. :)
|"Let's take a bath in a laundry basket and a toy bin!!"|
8. I absolutely love cheesecake. But I hardly ever eat it, because I'm too intimidated to learn how to make it myself. And I know it's really bad for me. But it's oh, so delicious.
9. I grew up on a small farm; skinning chickens, chopping and stacking wood, helping butcher deer and canning fruits and veggies. I am so thankful now for my Mom and Dad teaching me all of those things, although I wasn't always thrilled about it then. Once Hubby and I get some land, we are hoping to do all of those things for ourselves and pass down the knowledge to our kiddos.
10. I LOVE paperwork. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Give me a form to fill out, and I am one happy camper. There is just something so satisfying about filling in blanks. I want to get a 'data entry from home' job, but it seems like they are all scams. So if you hear of a legit one, send it my way. ;)
11. I don't like chocolate chips. Don't hate me. I like chocolate, I adore brownies, but I just don't care for the chips. They taste different to me. And they are tiny.
( I cheated. hehe. )
12. When my sweet girl Eliana (she's only 2!) raises her hands at church, worshiping God and singing...I cry. Every. Single. Time.
The End. :)