Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Natural Body Care Series:A Discovery Of Face Wash From An Unlikely Source

A couple of nights ago I was taking a shower and reached for my face wash, then remembered that I'd used the last of it the day before and forgot to buy more.
(drat!)

Face cleanser is one of those things that I've wanted to make on my own but am kind of scared to/don't have the money to buy expensive essential oils and beeswax or shea butter or anything like that, so I haven't made it on my own yet.

I was kind of in a pinch, because I needed to wash my makeup off before bed so I just grabbed our Homemade Tooth Powder and used that.
Now, before you think I"m crazy, let me tell you what's in it.
It has baking soda, coconut oil, a tiny bit of salt and some peppermint extract.

Guess what gals? It worked great!

The peppermint made my skin all tingly and clean and refreshed, the baking soda and salt exfoliated my skin and the coconut oil moisturized it and took off my makeup, leaving my face fresh and clean and feeling soft.
I am SO happy I discovered this!!

I used it again last night and man, I loved it even more the second time since I knew what to expect.
If you've ever used Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile, that's what it reminded me of.  Except without the soap bark or chamomile. But you get that same feeling on your face as you do with the Burt's Bees cleanser.

Anyway, if you want some frugal face cleanser, try this out! Just follow the recipe I have on my
Homemade Tooth Powder post and add in about a teaspoon of coconut oil and you're in business.
I love that natural ingredients have so many different uses!!


No comments: