Thursday, May 3, 2012

Introducing...Lucy. And some other Miscellaneous Stuff.

Hi!
I haven't been on here for a few days (and I never finished the kid's clothing week challenge...oops)  because things have been a little bit busy around here lately.

We've been working on finishing up the chicken coop- they are in it now, even though it's not completely done yet- we still need to make a better door for them; but those little chickies are lovin' having more space to run around and roost and eat bugs and such.

Apparently there was a smudge on the camera lens. oops.


The mostly-finished coop- obviously we still need to finish painting it... We ran out of paint.

ALSO-

Eliana also started self-initiating potty training (hallelujah!!)
She'll be two and a half in a few days and we are SO ready for her to be trained. She started initiating it last summer, but then got scared and reverted back to diapers and has been adamantly refusing to even wear underwear ever since, until a few days ago when she all of a sudden asked to go pee in the potty.
She's doing really well! All day yesterday she went in the potty and didn't even have any accidents. She's still wearing a diaper at night so we can sleep without changing sheets halfway through the night, but I'm so proud of her. I hope it continues and we can get through to the end this time.
It would be so nice not to buy diapers anymore!


In other big news, we got a dog!

We'd been looking for one for a while but hadn't found just the right one- Tim is really allergic to short haired dogs (well really most dogs) and we wanted a longer-haired one but the rescue agencies don't really have any that suited our family well. Then a friend contacted us and asked if we'd be interested in taking their shitzu-poodle mix because she was requiring more attention than they could give her and we met her and fell in love...

So now Lucy is a part of our family.




And we love her!



She's small and cute and sweet and wakes me up every morning around six by jumping on me and licking my face til I get up. I'm still getting used to waking up that early, but I'm liking it because I have time to get some Bible reading and prayer in before the kids get up and then our days have just been going so much better. The kids are having a lot of fun with her too. :)





Lastly-

We're leaving in a few days to go to Oklahoma for a week to visit my brother and sister-in-law for his graduation from college, AND my parents are coming all the way from Washington (State) as well. I haven't seen my mom and dad for TWO YEARS- not since Eliana was 4 months old. So we're really really really really excited about seeing them!!
I'll try to do a post or two while we are there, but if not, don't worry- we're just having too much fun for me to find time!
I'll be back tomorrow with a Food Waste Friday post (eek!). :)






No comments: