Only a couple of things today to share with you, and both succumbed to mold before we could eat them up.
|See those tiny white specks? Into the compost the muffins went!|
First, two carrot spice muffins I made (thus had no preservatives) got white spots on them a few days later.
I should've kept them in the fridge, I guess. I'm just thankful that only two went bad, because I wasn't sure if we'd be able to eat all 24 of them I made. 22 is not too bad, in a few days I'd say! ;)
Next, one organic orange molded as well.
I should've kept it in the fridge! I usually do, but for some reason I left them out this time. Thankfully I didn't buy more, because they were only 99 cents a pound at Whole Foods last week.
I'm kinda bummed about this because I took it out to eat and my finger almost squished through the peel where it molded. I tried to do that thing I've seen on Pinterest, and light the middle of the orange and turn it into a candle. It didn't work. Not sure if I did it wrong, or if it just won't work. Has anyone else tried this and had it work?
Oh. It turns out, I didn't read the directions. Oops! You're supposed to use olive oil to get the "wick" to light. Yeah, I didn't do that. No wonder it didn't work! :)
The good news is, both the orange and the muffins went into the compost, so they weren't completely wasted, since they're helping make nice soil for our garden this spring.
That's it for today! Short and sweet.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
This post is linked to The Frugal Girl, who is the brains behind all of this food waste documentation.