Tuesday, October 16, 2012

KCWC- Day 5

So last week was Kid's Clothing Week Challenge- and I sewed three out of the seven days.
It was a busy week and I just didn't get to put in as much time as I wanted to, but I did make this cute little skirt for Eliana out of the same fabric as I made Ethan's lounge pants.
I'm calling it, "The Schoolgirl Skirt".




It has a nice drop waist with pleats and plenty of room to grow lengthwise, with an elastic waist so its nice and comfy.
I'm thinking of making her a few others in knit fabric for next summer. Making skirts is so much fun because they don't take long to sew and they usually are fairly easy projects. Unless your fabric gets stuck in the feed dogs or the tension gets messed up or something. 
Thankfully that didn't happen with this skirt, but it sure has happened on other ones!

She just HAD to wear her "pony hat" for the photo shoot!

Precious little toes


Hope you're having a good week so far, I'm going to be writing up a few posts on foraging wild for rose hips and what to do with them after you pick them in the next few weeks, so stay tuned if that sounds remotely interesting to you. ;)









No comments: