Thursday, October 11, 2012

KCWC Day 2 and 3: Lounge Pants

Hi, Tuesday was day two of Kid's Clothing Week Challenge and  I made some lounge pants for Ethan out of an old cotton drop cloth that was leftover from making curtains from the living room.

I used Made by Dana's flat front kid pants tutorial as a jumping off point for the flat front; although I already have made several pairs of pants using this method for kid pants. I kinda mixed and matched with the instructions, although I think I used Dana's more because she was using cotton fabric and the other site uses knits.

I like the way the pants turned out but might add pockets in the future to make them look less "loungy" and more like regular pants.





Either way, Ethan loves them!!
They are comfy and since the weave is more loose like linen; dirt washes out easily.
I found this out first hand since one of the first things E did was go out and play in the dirt pit in them.
His cousin was visiting from Arizona and those boys had a blast!



I didn't do any sewing for the kids Wednesday; I finished up the curtains that I've been sewing for the living room and then didn't have time to whip up anything else.
At least I sewed something, right??


No comments: