Friday, February 24, 2012

Diaper Pouch

So, if you're like me, you spend WAY more time on Pinterest than you should.
And you find all sorts of cool stuff to make, that you may or may not actually get around to.

However.

I pinned this a while ago as an idea to make for baby showers or friends who are expecting.



And I actually made one!

Here is the tutorial, if you want to make your own.

I modified it a bit, as I used coordinating fabric as a strap instead of cotton webbing (because I didn't have any and didn't want to buy any) And I also just made my own bias tape to wrap around the top edge because I (ahem) kept sewing the bag together inside out, or backwards so I said "screw it"! and just made the bias tape and it was much MUCH easier. :)

Here is my diaper pouch!






Imagine how many newborn diapers you could fit in there!
Probably a lot, along with some wipes and maybe even an extra onesie.

I REALLY like how it turned out, and am quite tempted to keep it for myself, instead of giving it to a friend for her baby. Instead, I'll just make another one for me to use for Ellie's diapers. Although I'm hoping she'll decide to potty train before I get around to making a diaper pouch, then I won't need one. :)


This post is shared at Seasonal Celebration Sunday on the Natural Mother's Network, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways at Frugally Sustainable and Pin'inspired at Adventures in Dinner.

2 comments:

Natural Mothers Network said...

I just love these and aren't they just the best gift for a new mother-to be? Thank you so much Becca for sharing this with us on Seasonal Celebration-Have a great weekend! Rebecca@ Natural Mothers Network x

Becca Swan said...

Thanks, Rebecca! The baby shower was today, and my friend loved it. :) I think I'll make up a few more to use as gifts- they are so easy to make!
I always enjoy reading the other posts on Seasonal Celebration, there are some great things on there!