Monday, September 17, 2012

Road Trip: Finished!

We made it to Washington!
A day early, actually.
What a surprise and a blessing!

Our trip was really pretty smooth, and we managed to make great time, even with crazy crosswinds in South Dakota and wildfires in Montana, Wyoming and Washington.
We camped two nights and stayed in a hotel one night because I really wanted a shower and because I was really cold the night before. (we didn't have enough blankets!)

The kids did have a really rough time on the second day and we were SO thankful when the day came to a close. Two crying cranky kids in a corolla is not fun.
Try saying that three times fast! :)

Overall though it was a great adventure! I can't say I'll want to do it again any time soon...I'm glad we're done travelling and can rest and have a wonderful place to live. It's so beautiful here!
I'm thankful God brought us safely across the country and kept us from killing each other on the way. ;)

Okay.
Pictures.
Here are a few of our trip- my favorite ones.
I took almost 200 altogether but that would be way too many to share on here, so you get eight carefully selected photos.


I have a thing for barns...I think I probably took around 20 different pictures of barns or silos.
This one is in Missouri, I think.

C'mon though, how beautiful is this??

Golden waves of grain in Iowa

Cool stripey rocks in South Dakota

Beautiful sunset near Buffalo, Wyoming

Lots of smoke in Montana- there were two wild fires burning there when we went through.

There was also a beautiful train bridge hugging the side of a mountain.

Beautiful colors in Montana!


I didn't get any pictures of Idaho (although I wish I did- I think personally it was the most beautiful part of the trip!) but I was driving and Tim couldn't find the camera.
If you ever get a chance to take I-90 through Idaho though, you should. Its gorgeous. Just be prepared for tons of twisty turns and huge mountains.
Next time I'm going to share some pictures of our new home, then after that I'll have some sewing projects I'm working on and maybe a few crafts.
Thanks for sticking with me even though it's been pretty quiet here on the ole blog!
Moving is always crazy, and I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine and trying to post two or three times a week.

Check back tomorrow for pictures of our new home. :)




No comments: