Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's Been a Whole Year!

Guess what?

I've been doing the whole blog thing for a year now.
One. Year.
Wow.
I didn't even notice until just the other day that I missed my "Bloggin' Birthday!" :)

(May 9, 2011 was the day Sweet Swan Songs was born.)


Happy Birthday to me!!

It's been great!
I've learned a lot about photography...
(oh, my some of the first photos are SO bad!)



Homemade Laundry Detergent...I've put up new photos since this one was taken.



Getting a new camera makes it SO much easier to take pretty pictures!! 




  done lots of fun projects...


Surprisingly, one of the most Googled posts is one of the first ones I did- the DIY No-Sew Desk Skirt



Made some delicious food!



Rocky Road Cookies



The blogosphere is so wonderfully welcoming, I love it!  I've made "virtual" friends (real nice people who I've actually never met in person) and gotten to have a whole lot of fun. Yup. Blogging is really great! :)

For this next year, I'm hoping to continue to just improve upon what I'm already doing, hopefully do some more herbal stuff as I'm learning about it, and move more toward a natural living/homesteading blog with recipes and sewing and adventures with the family thrown into the mix. I hope that sounds good to you all!
Please let me know if you have any ideas of things you'd like me to write about, I'm always looking for new interesting frugal ways to do things, or new recipes to try, etc.


I think I'll be putting a feature at the bottom of each post from now on with a link of this time last year's post.
 (This idea is taken from the fabulous blog The Mrs. whose posts always make me laugh and let me get a fill of my sarcasm-loving side of life. Plus, she's Canadian, which just makes her cool right there.)
The link for Homemade Laundry Detergent (above with the terrible photo) is from around this time last year.

I hope you all will stick around and experience another wonderful year with me, it's been fun and I'm looking forward to what this year holds.

~ Becca

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy, happy belated birthday! Where did the time go?

By the by, I JUST realized I hadn't posted your feature. I totally suck and will be fixing that at the VERY beginning of June so that you can actually be featured the way you should.

Can't say sorry enough.

Becca Swan said...

Thanks!
The year just flew by!

LOL about the feature,that's totally fine! You're busy, I completely understand :) May's been a crazy busy month for me too. You're completely forgiven.

I do look forward to being featured though, it'll be fun to see my stuff on your blog! :)

The Mrs said...

Happy, Happy BlogDay! (Not sarcasm.)

Becca Swan said...

:) Thanks!