Friday, May 4, 2012

Food Waste Friday - Well....

Hi.

Confession Time:

So, I've completely dropped the ball on (almost) everything lately- Hubby's new job has taken some time to get used to and everything is different and I haven't been wanting to cook which leads to
1. eating leftovers (good!)
or 2. eating out (not good on the pocketbook or the waistline)
or 3. food waste. (bad.)

Now, don't get me wrong. Hubby LOVES his new job and I like the hours too, (6a-3:30p with Saturdays off is SO nice when we've been doing 9-5 and then a ten hour shift on Saturdays) but I've had to shuffle everything around and I'm trying to figure out a new menu plan (because we're shopping at different intervals now) and its just been pretty hectic.

I don't have any proof of the said food waste, but just know it was there.
Probably more than I care to imagine.
I'm kind of glad I didn't take pictures, because I'm already embarrassed letting you all know that I have completely sucked at running my household for the past two weeks, let alone you seeing all the money we're throwing in the trash. Or the huge pile of laundry that is sitting in my room, waiting to be folded and put away. (Hey, at least it's clean, right?)

Ahem.

Since I don't have any pictures of food waste, would you rather look at my cute children? I thought so.
This was our afternoon a few days ago. :)



Wild Strawberries are growing everywhere in our yard, and the kids love eating them.

Sprinkler Time!!



It's been in the high 80's and around 90 all this week.

Water is way more fun to drink when it's spraying you in the face ;)


For Next Week...
We're going out of town on Monday for a week, and we're planning on being as thrifty as possible- all of our dinner meals are graciously being provided by my sister-in-law or her extended family, we're taking advantage of the free hotel continental breakfast and only planning on eating out twice while we're there. Or maybe three times.
I have bagels and cream cheese and lots of coffee, for we are driving for 7-8 hours the morning we leave; fruit and crackers to tide us over in the car and lunch fixings for sandwiches throughout the week, so food waste hopefully will be minimal.
We'll see. I'll have my camera with me at all times, so I'll try and be diligent about snapping pictures of any waste we may leave behind. ;)
I hope all of your weeks were better than mine this week!


This is shared at The Frugal Girl, who is the brains behind all of this food waste documentation.









No comments: