Friday, February 17, 2012

Food Waste Friday, February 17, 2012




FoodWasteFriday



Welcome to a sunny day in Tennessee!
I'm so thankful!
It's been dreary and cloudy here the past few days and a bit of sun is really improving my mood. :)

Another thing that is improving my mood?
Oatmeal raisin cookies.
I made some on Wednesday, intending to bring them to our church small group, but they turned out like this....



So we just had to keep them home and eat them ourselves...darn...;)
Oatmeal raisin cookies happen to be my favorite.
As you can see, I (and hubby, but mostly me) have done a pretty good job of eating them up There was a whole other pan full that is gone already. No food waste there!


On the food waste front, I did alright this week.
Just a few things.
Remember that mashed potato soup I made to use up the leftover mashed potatoes? I warmed the last bit of it up in a plastic container yesterday (first mistake) and then when I took it out of the microwave, it tasted like plastic. (eew.) So I threw it in the garbage, consoling myself by telling my brain that the potatoes were around 2 weeks old anyway, so they should be thrown out regardless. And..my camera strap snuck into the picture. :)


Also, I found some 2 or 3 week old bits of homemade pizza that had been hiding in the cheese drawer. They were pretty dried out, although they still looked good. I decided to do away with them.




All in all, not a bad week!

How was your food waste this week?
Let me know in the comments, if you like.



This is linked to The Frugal Girl, who is the brains behind this food waste documentation. :)



2 comments:

Jen @ Dear Mommy Brain said...

That's great! I wouldn't even have really counted the pizza because there is so little left! But sad about the soup, it looks really yummy.

Live and Learn said...

The picture of the oatmeal raisin cookies reminds me of how I usually bake "cookies". I put the whole mixture into a cake pan and make bar cookies. It will work with any kind and it's very quick. Now you have me wanting some oatmeal raisin cookies. We'll see if I am able to resist making some.