Monday, January 30, 2012

Right now, I am...

( Disclaimer: This is just a random post, with what I'm thinking/feeling this very moment. Feel free to click away, if you want/ don't really care to know.)

~Sitting on the couch, comfy in my purple striped pajama pants and my wool navy sweater that I've had since I was 16. Its old and has holes in it, but its warm and cozy and reminds me of home. The clock is tick, tick, ticking away in a calming rhythm.

~Trying to make the minutes pass while oil pulling for the first time. ("what the heck is that?"
you may ask.) I didn't know what it was either, until about 10 minutes ago. It's an old Ayurveda remedy of swishing vegetable based oil around in your mouth to pull toxins out of your teeth and gums. For more info, go here. I'll let you know how/if it works. So far, it's kinda weird, but it feels like things are being drawn out of my teeth, I think.

~Kind of frustrated with our mortgage lender. Let's just say, if you ever buy a house make sure you read all of the fine print before signing at closing. We may be stuck with a house we no longer want. Hopefully not, but it is a possibility that we could be. Lesson learned. Know what you're getting into before you get into it.

~Thankful that the kids are going to bed relatively easily tonight. They've been pretty tired these past few days by bedtime, and I'm definitely liking that! There's been less of them getting up 20 times to ask for a hug or a drink of water or to tell me some random story or ask to pray one more time. Just sleepy little eyes and snuggly kisses, and only getting up twice. That's progress, people.  :)

(Here is where I'd insert a photo of my cute sleeping children, if I could find any. But I can't. Pictures, not children. I know where they are.)


~Hoping that hubby will be able to sleep well tonight. He's been having a lot of trouble breathing at night lately and it's affecting his sleep. Poor guy is pretty tired. He bought a neti pot this evening and is going to try it out. I've heard good things about them, so hopefully it will help him.

~Looking forward to going to the zoo tomorrow with the kids. Its supposed to be 68 degrees tomorrow (!) so we thought we'd celebrate the warm weather by taking advantage of the zoo giving free admittance after 2pm. I love taking them to see the "mee-amals", as Eliana calls them.

Polar bear- One of our favorite animals to visit!


~Happy that I got caught up on laundry today. I had quite the pile greeting me this morning as I went into the laundry room. Not doing laundry on Sunday means doing twice as much on Monday! I can't wait til it gets warmer and then doing laundry looks a lot more like this, instead of throwing them in the dryer...



~Tired. It's been a long day, but a good one. This afternoon the kids and I went outside for about an hour and played, chasing each other around the yard and I ran up and down the driveway while Ethan pulled Eliana in the wagon. We had fun, and got some exercise. Fresh air is so invigorating!

~Excited that I'm going to be getting a better camera soon!!!!  (YAY!!!!) No more icky pictures on the blog!!! (hopefully anyway!)
I'm not sure what kind I'm getting yet, either this one:

It's an Olympus E-PL1 PEN, from Costco
source



 Or this one.


It's a Canon EOS Rebel T3.
Source


There's about a $100 price difference, which isn't as much as I first thought. Both have good reviews. Do any of you own/have experience with either? I know The Frugal Girl uses a Canon, and I love the pictures she takes with hers. I also have another friend who has a Rebel as well and takes awesome pictures, so I may just go with it. I'm torn, though. I like the vintage look of the Olympus, and that it comes with an extra lens, SD card and case.  It's supposed to be like a DSLR camera without being as bulky as one. Thoughts??


No comments: