Monday, December 19, 2011

Sweater Sleeves Made into Hand Warmers

Wow, it's almost Christmas.
I'm trying really hard not to jump headlong into the frenzied last minute shopping that is going on at every store around town, but when you have to wait til last minute to shop because you don't have any money until then, well it's hard not to get a little frazzled.

I decided to make some gifts this year though, and honestly I wish I'd have started earlier so I could make homemade gifts for everyone.
As it is, I made a few here and there and am mostly satisfied with the result.

I had a cute wool sweater that shrunk the first time I washed it, and have been saving it to make something out of for a while.
I needed a gift for my husbands' little sister, (hopefully she doesn't read this!!) and thought that hand warmers would be a cool, simple gift to make.

So, I hopped on Pinterest (the source of most of my 'inspiration' these days) and found this:


source



Then, I simply followed the instructions on the tutorial, and ended up with these!
(notice how much nicer her photo is? someday, maybe I'll take pretty photos..:)


I added a few cute flowers for extra embellishment.



I like them so much, I'm going to make myself some next time I have a minute to sew.
They'll keep my hands nice and toasty warm, and sister's hands too.


Hooray for easy, quick sewing projects!!
And for "little helpers"! :)

7 comments:

Jason said...

Insert brass knuckles and a switchblade...BEST GLO....HANDWARMERS EVER!!!!

Becca Swan said...

Yes!! lol I did feel a bit super-hero-ish wearing them. :O)

Jan Hess said...

Those are so cool. What a great idea.

Simply Tasheena said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

HoneySage said...

I love the simplicity of these hand warmers! I want a pair, but I just don't have time to crochet them, right now. This is the perfect solution. Thank you so much for sharing!

Becca Swan said...

I don't know how to crochet or knit, and want to learn but in the meantime, these will do the job. :) Thanks for visiting, Ladies! :)

Unknown said...

Adorable! When I saw your pin I was hoping you would share this week :-)