Friday, December 30, 2011

My Goals for 2012

Happy Friday!
I confess, my days are a bit scrambled up this week and I feel like it is Saturday already.
Or Wednesday. I'm not sure why.
Anyway, it's Friday, which I bet you already know. :)

I thought I'd share a few goals that I've set for this coming year with you.
Every year for the past 4 or 5 years, God has given me a "theme" for the year.
Usually it's one word that comes from a verse in the Bible and it's a kind of foreshadowing of what He's going to teach us in the coming year.
This past year was Freedom, the year before: Abundance (the year Eliana was born)  the year before that; Joy, the year before that; Change. (the year Ethan was born.)

I don't know what this coming year's theme is yet and its driving me crazy!
When I get it, I'll let you know.
I just keep praying and searching the Scriptures, eventually I know God will reveal it to me.

In the meantime, here are the goals I've set for the upcoming year:



1. Go to bed by 10 pm and wake up around 6am





 I've been feeling like I need to be more purposeful with my days, and getting up earlier gives me more time to do that. Also, I've just been getting lazy and sleeping in til 8, which keeps making us late to take Tim to work. Not good! If I get up early, it also gives me time to do the next goal....

2.  Have a daily quiet time/ devotional time and journal regularly. When I spend my first moments awake with the Lord, it helps me have such a better day, because my thoughts are focused on Him more often, and I get filled up with his truth  first thing. It makes such a huge difference!


     3. Truly enjoy and cherish my children


I tend to stick to a 'work first, play later' kind of mentality, but lately its become more and more clear to me that my children are precious and they will only be little for a little while longer! I need to spend time playing with and teaching and training them and just enjoying them now, instead of falling into the lie that they are an annoyance or a hindrance to 'getting real work done'. They are my most precious work, entrusted to my by The Father, and I need to take that seriously.

4. Learn more about homeschooling!  I think this is the route we're going to go for educating our kiddos, so I should learn more about it! I was homeschooled from second grade on through high school, so I know the student part well, but the teaching part  kind of  really intimidates me. Any tips would be well appreciated! :)

5. Move to Oklahoma, find a job, house, etc.  




We've been planning this one for over a year now, and it looks like it just might actually happen! The biggest "unknown" is if we can sell our house. If we can't we may rent it, but we'd really love to sell it. (So if you know of anyone who is looking for a cute, 2 bedroom 1 bath house in Memphis, send them our way! )  If you'd like, you can pray that everything will work out. We believe God is leading us to move, so we're trusting that everything will work out in His timing. But of course, we'd like his timing to be sooner than later! :) 

 6. Blog at least 3x a week. I'm thinking Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but it may be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday instead. I also am coming up with a plan/topic list of things to talk about, so if you have any ideas, leave me a comment and I'll add it to the list! I'm going to do one post a week from the topic list, one about whatever we're doing that week, and one for a new weekly series I'm starting, called " Sew it's Saturday!"   I'll feature whatever I'm working on sewing that week. Fun, right? 

7. Learn more about herbs and gardening.  There is a herbal society in town that I'm hoping to join, along with my good friend Kayci over at Modern Christian Housewife. I'd love to get into making my own tinctures and teas and herbal remedies.

8. Learn how to can food.  I grew up canning peaches and applesauce with my mom, and I've been wanting to preserve food in that way for a few years, but haven't gotten around to it. This year is the year!

9. Run a half marathon.  This one is kind of a stretch, but I'd like to try! I've only run 3.1 miles at the most so far in a 5k back in September, but I figure if I have a whole year to train, maybe I'll be able to do it. That is, if my back lets me.  ( I have a 45 year old's back and I'm 27. ) We'll see!

10. Sew at least once a week.  This way I'll have something to share with you for "Sew it's Saturday!

Have you set any goals for this coming year?? How do you plan to keep them?







No comments: