Friday, December 2, 2011

Food Waste Friday, December 2, 2011

Hello, all!


Wow. I feel like it's been forever since I partook in FWF!
 So I didn't post last week, and didn't take pictures this week of my food waste because my camera was out of batteries and I kept forgetting to buy more. I got some today finally, so we'll have pictures next week!

That being said, we did waste quite a bit of food, sadly.
Taking pictures definitely keeps me motivated to not waste food- I don't want to show the world what I've wasted!

Into the trash went some stuffing from Thanksgiving- a fair amount, I might add. I made it from scratch with homemade bread too, and just WAY overestimated the amount that we'd eat. Sad face. It was good, but you can only eat stuffing for so long and I figured a week was long enough. :)

Next up were the usual suspects: some leftover steel cut oats and a few uneaten noodles, along with some half-eaten sandwiches. These are (with the exception of the oats) from the kiddos just being stubborn and refusing to eat them *sigh*.
 I don't even remember what we wasted last week.
Hopefully next week will be better!
I know it will be more exciting at least, because I will have pictures. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

I might write about what sewing I've been up to later today or tomorrow....some cute bird ornaments will be showcased for sure, and maybe a real picture of our Christmas tree instead of a stand-in like the last post.



This post is linked to The Frugal Girl, who is the brains behind all of this food waste documentation. :)

No comments: