Friday, December 16, 2011

Food Waste Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Friday!
Really, it's Thursday night, because I figured out that you can schedule your posts to post whenever you want them to post!
How awesome is that? I hope whoever thought of that won something. : )

So. Food waste.

This week, we did okay. Better than we have in awhile, I think!
Maybe I'm finally  getting the hang of this!
Maybe.

There were just a few culprits this week.



Mainly, we lost a small slice of bbq pork pizza (homemade) that sat out for several hours and since it had no chemicals or preservatives in it, I didn't feel comfy eating it.

Stop for a second, and think about how absurd that sentence sounds.
Hm....What is wrong with our food system today if not having chemicals in our food is....weird??
Or,  'unsafe'??
Yeah. We are one messed up nation.


Also, we lost a few orange slices and almonds, because they sat out all day. I probably could've saved these, but I wasn't sure if we'd eat them anyway, so they went into the garbage.



The kiddos were not feeling well this week and that made for fickle eating habits.
Thankfully we managed to re-heat and eat most of what we put in the fridge 'for later', so we only have those few things.

How did you do with food waste this week??




This post is linked to The Frugal Girl, who is the brain behind all of this food waste documentation. : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The publish feature is pretty awesome :-) It took me a shockingly long time to figure it out.

Those fussy weeks are hard to a keep a handle on for food waste.

Becca Swan said...

Yep, they are. And I LOVE the publish feature. Maybe someday I'll actually take the time to write up a week's worth of posts and schedule them out! That would be a good idea. :)
Isn't that what the "real" bloggers do?