Friday, September 23, 2011

Food Waste Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Friday!

Today, I totally feel like it's Saturday because usually on Saturdays, hubby works a double and is gone almost all day (9a-3p/5p-9p). BUT he is working a double today, because tomorrow is our first 5k!!
SO he gets tomorrow off. And my days are going to be all messed up, and I won't know what day it is for the next week, because his work schedule is different. But that's fine, because we get to run in our first 5k race (which is really just for fun; its not timed or anything. But we're going to time it to see how we do.)

AND that was a huge, rambling paragraph. Sorry. I had a lot of coffee this morning, and I'm excited. ;)
I'll probably post pictures and stuff of the race next week. So stay tuned, if you care. ;)

Food Waste Friday.
I got the inspiration for this phenomenal idea from The Frugal Girl and have been participating since...June? I think. It's really reduced the amount of food we waste, and in turn, saved us some money. So hooray!!

On to the dirty details of this week:
We did alright.
Only a few things got wasted.

Just this roll that dried out and is now hard enough to hurt someone if you decided to hit them with it.
It's too bad really; because I made these and they're pretty good. (Not to brag, but they are. )




And this tiny end of a sweet potato, that I forgot to put in the oven when I was cooking the others.

sorry about the terrible lighting..eek!


We also tossed one and a half hot dogs that didn't get finished by the kids, but I didn't get a picture of those.
How did you do this week? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Linking to The Frugal Girl


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far no waste this week. There are a few things that need eating but nothing that will spoil right away.

Better luck next week.

Becca Swan said...

Good job!! We finished up some leftovers in the fridge for lunch today, so they wouldn't end up as the stars of next week. I'm still looking for my first waste-free week. I've gotten close..maybe next week will be the week!

Anonymous said...

Have fun on tomorrow's run!
That poor lil' sweet tater, lol.
Snapper

Live and Learn said...

Good luck with the 5k. I've never done one. Maybe I'll make that one of my goals.